- This Web site provides resources to assist colleges and campuses in developing First-Year Engagement Plans. This site will be updated frequently and your suggestions are welcome (Contact Anna Butler at email@example.com ). Additional items to post as Good Practices are invited, and when First-Year Engagement Plans have been approved, they will be posted here.
Committee Charge and Members
Legislative Report, April 29, 2008: Report of the Ad Hoc First-Year Seminar Committee
Senate Record, April 29, 2008
FYE Transmittal Memos
FYS Goals - 2008 Senate Report
- engage students in learning and orient them to the scholarly community from the outset of their undergraduate studies in a way that will bridge to later experiences in their chosen majors, and
- facilitate students’ adjustment to the high expectations, demanding workload, increased liberties, and other aspects of the transition to college life.
FYS Objectives - 2008 Senate Report
- to introduce students to university study,
- to introduce students to Penn State as an academic community, including fields of study and areas of interest available to students,
- to acquaint students with the learning tools and resources available at Penn State,
- to provide an opportunity for students to develop relationships with full-time faculty and other students in an academic area of interest to them, and
- to introduce students to their responsibilities as part of the University community.
Sample FYE Plans
BACK TO TOP
Questions and comments regarding web issues,
please contact Anna Butler firstname.lastname@example.org
Web page last modified
October 8, 2009